“This guy’s walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can’t get out.
“A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, ‘Hey you. Can you help me out?’ The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on.
“Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, ‘Father, I’m down in this hole can you help me out?’ The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on
“Then a friend walks by, ‘Hey, Joe, it’s me can you help me out?’ And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, ‘Are you stupid? Now we’re both down here.’ The friend says, ‘Yeah, but I’ve been down here before and I know the way out.'” – The West Wing “Noel”
We are each on our own journey through life. We do not have to go through our journey alone. I would like to offer you something that was not available for me, a journey coach, someone to help you stay on track on your weight loss journey. Someone to encourage you each step of the way. Someone to help you avoid the pitfalls that I fell into. If you, like me, have fallen into the hole of morbid obesity, I have good news for you. “I’ve been down here before and I know the way out.”
What to expect
When we first get together, we will review the principles laid out in Three Conversations – a Philosophy, Not a Diet
We will make sure you are seeking help from a physician, and dietitian if ordered by the physician. We will talk about the foods you are currently eating and the foods you enjoy eating.
We will work out a plan of action that keeps you from going hungry and takes into consideration the foods you love to eat.
I will listen to you as you share what is important to you, your health, your spiritual life and your future.
You can expect me to pray for you. You can expect me to encourage you. You can expect me to speak truth to you, in kindness.
You can expect to lose weight, improve your health and feel better.
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. – Galatians 6:2 NIV
What not to expect
- A bill. I will not invoice you. I see this as more of a ministry than a service to sell, plus, helping others is an importnat part of my own weight loss journey. I do post a rate of $25 for 30 minutes of my time. I do that as a suggested price only. If you cannot afford it, we will work something else out. If you want to pay more than the going rate, please feel free to do so. You will be able to pay me via Facebook messenger or other app.
- Abuse, inappropriate language or contact. I do not tolerate abuse either. You can expect me to remain professional and supportive.
- Magic weight loss. I do not have a magic wand to make you lose weight. It takes effort. It takes planning. It takes persistence.
- Religion. I am a spiritual man, but I will not force my faith on you. I am happy to help all who ask, no matter what religious background or lack thereof.
- A Judge. It is not my place to judge you. I know how impossible it seems to stop eating compulsively. I know how impossible it is to lose significant weight. I will not be your judge.
How to get started
Simply email me at email@example.com or Facebook messenger.